Lobstick Literacy & Learning Society receives its core funding from Alberta Advanced Education, Community Adult Learning Program (CALP). Therefore, we strive to meet community adult learning program priorities and guidelines. The priorities that we address are:
- Enhance access to learning and increase participation of adults in learning;
- Increase literacy and essential foundational skills of adults;
- Help adults transition into further learning or employment.
These are the priorities that help shape our programming. Within our programming we address essential skills.
- The Essential Skills are:
- Reading Text
- Document Use
- Digital Technology
- Thinking Skills
- Oral Communication
- Working With Others
- Continuous Learning.
In addition LLLS offers programming in Fitness and Health and Wellness. Courses and workshops in this area are made possible with funding support from the following organizations:
- Yellowhead County Recreation Program
- The Government of Alberta and the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation
- Yellowhead County FCSS
- Alberta Health Services – Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund (ACPLF)
Would you like to help an adult in your community improve his or her English written and conversational skills? If so, let us know! Training and orientation are provided.
Do you have a particular skill you would like to share? Or, is there a specific course you would like to see offered? If so, please let us know, as we are always interested in offering new learning opportunities!